BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 20, 2010

Peace Day Reflection




Today is September 21, 2010, aka Peace Day! There was so much going on, that it was really hard to keep up. There were kids and teachers making commitments, selling peace cookies, making peace posters, and talking about why peace was important. We really learned the importance of being peaceful at school. After Peace Day, we learned the skills of helping everyone who needs help, stopping fighting, and not fighting with other people. It's really important that we keep practicing all these skills. We also spread knowledge about peace, and made everyone aware of why we should have peace day. This knowledge is important that we share. The problem was that some people were not active in these activities, and it was also rather short. I don't feel like we had enough time to spread the word about peace day. But it was an overall success, and I feel like we really raised awareness about why peace is so important. All the money we have raised will go to making t-shirts for the teachers that are running in the Anchor War Marathon. The money raised from there will go to help making prosthetic limbs for children whose legs have been blown off in mining. I could sense enthusiasm with all my five senses. I could hear everyone talking about peace, I could see everybody being active, I could smell and taste the cookies, and I could draw peace face painting. I really had a great time, and I felt satisfied with myself that I was a part of something that has changed our school.

0 comments: